How to Submit Documents
Sometimes we cannot verify all your details. When this happens, you will be given conditional eligibility. This means you need to submit documents to qualify for coverage. Luckily, it is easy to do!
You may need to submit documents when you apply for a health plan. This happens when some of your information cannot be verified. This is called “conditional eligibility.”
If you are conditionally eligible, you must submit your documents by a deadline. You may lose your coverage or financial support if you do not.
What Documents Do I Need to Submit?
You can find the documents you need in the Document Center of your account. Below are common documents that may be needed. You can also view a full list of accepted documents.
Proof of Income or Deductions
You need to provide proof of income for each person on your application. These documents can be used as proof of income:
- Payroll statements for the last 60 days
- Your most recent tax return (first two pages)
- Self-employment Profit and Loss document for the past three months
- Receipts showing recent payment of reported deductions
Use this form to explain your income or deductions:
Proof of Lawful Presence
You may need to provide proof of lawful presence. These documents can be used as proof of lawful presence:
- Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551)
- Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571)
- Valid passport with I-94 stamp of admission
Proof of Citizenship
You may need to provide proof of citizenship. These documents can be used as proof of citizenship:
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport card
- Enhanced Driver’s License or Enhanced State ID
- Must say “enhanced”
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Official U.S. county birth certificate
Proof of No Other Health Insurance Coverage
You may need to provide proof that you do not have other health insurance coverage. This includes coverage through the Veteran’s Administration, TRICARE and the Peace Corps. These documents can be used as proof of no other health insurance coverage:
- Copy of insurance policy showing enrollment end date
- Termination letter from insurance company
- Declaration of Ineligibility for Other Health Insurance Coverage
Declaration of Ineligibility for Other Health Insurance Coverage:
Proof of Non-Incarceration
Use this form to report that you or a household member is not incarcerated.
Proof of Social Security Number
You may need to provide proof of your social security number. These documents can be used as proof of your social security number:
- Social Security card
- IRS, military or payroll documents with your full SSN
- Proof of a pending Social Security Application
Proof of Tribal Membership
You may need to provide official documentation of tribal membership. These documents can be used to verify tribal membership:
- Tribal Membership or Enrollment Card
- Certificate of Indian Blood
- Must show that you are a tribal member or enrollee
- Tribal Statement of Good Faith Effort
- Use this form to state if you are unable to prove your tribal membership
How Do I Submit Documents?
You can submit your documents on the WAPlanfinder app, online, by fax or by mail. Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) customers can submit documents to the Washington Health Care Authority (HCA). Below we provide instructions for each method.
Download our mobile app to submit your documents on your phone. The WAPlanfinder app is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Sign into your account on WAPlanfinder.
- Go to Document Center.
- Upload photos of your documents.
You can submit documents online with your Washington Healthplanfinder account. The documents you need to submit will be shown in the Document Center.
- Sign into your account.
- Click the “Document Center” tab.
- Click “Upload.”
Mail or Fax
You can fax or mail a copy of your documents to us. We cannot return original documents. Mailing your documents will delay the process.
P.O. Box 946
Olympia, WA 98507
Important: Do not mail your documents if your deadline is less than two weeks away.
Apple Health Customers
Apple Health customers can also send documents to the Washington Health Care Authority (HCA).
Email: [email protected]
What If I Miss My Deadline?
Documents need to be submitted by a deadline. You will be notified of this deadline if we need documents from you.
If you miss this deadline, your coverage will end. You will have to wait until the next open enrollment period to sign up again. This is not the case if you qualify for special enrollment.