Free or Low-cost Apple Health
Free or low-cost Apple Health is available year-round
In Washington State, Medicaid is called Apple Health. Apple Health provides preventative care, like cancer screenings, treatment for diabetes and high blood pressure, and many other health care services. You can apply for free or low-cost Apple Health coverage year-round. For most people, Washington Apple Health is free, but some families may have to pay a monthly premium.
- Apply for free or low-cost Apple Health (Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program, CHIP) year-round.
- If you do not qualify for free or low-cost Apple Health, you can still qualify for a Special Enrollment to get health insurance (if you have life changes that qualify you).
- Qualifying life changes include things like if you lose job-based coverage, have income changes, have a baby, get married, gain a new household member (dependent), or have certain other life changes.
Existing Customer? See What You're Eligible For
- You can report a change year-round to see if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage.
- Sign in to your account and select “Report a Change” to update your information. Make sure to finish the application by electronically signing and submitting it to apply the changes.
For more information about free or low-cost Apple Health: